Grants and Projects
The Australian Government has committed $58.65 million in program funding over four years towards the Promotion of Excellence in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education which is administered by the Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) in the Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE).
In 2013, $8 million (indicative) has been allocated to Grants programs to provide funding for academics and professional staff to investigate, develop and implement innovations in learning and teaching.
The OLT Grants programs
Programs funded in 2013
- Strategic Commissioned Projects with a budget of $1.5 million (indicative) in 2013
- Innovation and Development Program with a budget of $4.0 million (indicative) in 2013
- Leadership for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Program with a budget of $1.0 million (indicative) in 2013
- Seed projects with a budget of $1.0 million (indicative) in 2013
- Extension Grants with a budget of $400,000 (indicative) in 2013
2013 Successful Grants Recipients Round 1
2012 Successful Fellowships and Grants Recipients
- Grant recipients (round 2) PDF | DOC
- Extension grant recipients (round 2) PDF | DOC
- Fellowships and grant recipients (round 1) PDF
Only those institutions listed in Tables A and B of the Higher Education Support Act (2003) and other approved higher education providers receiving places under part 2.2 of the Commonwealth Grants Scheme are eligible to nominate.
Eligible institutions (updated March 2013)